The West/Southwest Victim Services Program is committed to helping victims of crime in the 12th, 16th, 18th and 19th police districts. The program’s Victims’ Advocates offer supportive counseling, referrals, assistance with the legal system, crime victim’s compensation and protection orders.
We provide the following services, free of charge, to those who have been victimized by crime:
- Emotional & crisis support
- Information on police and court proceedings
- Court accompaniment at the preliminary hearing
- Information on the progress of the case
- Assistance in obtaining protection orders
- Referrals to other agencies for additional services such as emergency food, shelter, home repairs, etc.
- Assistance in filing for Crime Victims Compensation, if eligible
For help or more information, please call us at (215) 748-7780 or email us.
West/Southwest Victim Services Program Director – Myra Maxwell
Myra Maxwell, as Director of Victim Services, oversees both the West/Southwest Victim Services Program and Transitional Services for families and co victims of homicide in collaboration with the Medical Examiner’s Office (MEO). Myra, who is also a survivor, has found her passion in both ministry and working in the field of Human Services with the many families that she encounters daily. She has been a Victim Advocate for over 15 years and served in the community for many years prior. She has attended Community College of Philadelphia, University of Phoenix, Lincoln University majoring in Human Services and earned a Doctor of Theology Degree from International Christian University.