The West/Southwest Victim Services Program is committed to helping victims of crime in the 12th, 16th, 18th and 19th police districts. The program’s Victims’ Advocates offer supportive counseling, referrals, assistance with the legal system, crime victim’s compensation and protection orders.
We provide the following services, free of charge, to those who have been victimized by crime:
- Emotional & crisis support
- Information on police and court proceedings
- Court accompaniment at the preliminary hearing
- Information on the progress of the case
- Assistance in obtaining protection orders
- Referrals to other agencies for additional services such as emergency food, shelter, home repairs, etc.
- Assistance in filing for Crime Victims Compensation, if eligible
For help or more information, please call us at (215) 748-7780 or email us.
West/Southwest Victim Services Program Director – Trina Dow
As Director of Victim Services, Trina oversees both the West/Southwest Victim Services Program and Transitional Services for families and co-victims of homicide, in collaboration with the Medical Examiner’s Office. Trina was born in the WSW neighborhood, where she currently lives, and has worked in the area with both children and adults as a behavioral health therapist and administrator for the past 20 years. She is a licensed professional counselor and got her Master of Creative Arts Therapy degree in Art Therapy from Hahnemann University.